Caliburn X Pod Kit by Uwell is an impressively compact but versatile pod system kit with adjustable airflow and wattage (up to 20W) so you can tailor your draw. The Uwell Caliburn X Pod Kit is easy for beginner vapers with single-button operation and auto-draw (without button) option and you’ll mouth-to-lung (MTL, ciggie-style draw) all day on its 850mAh built-in battery. The 3mL vape juice capacity Uwell Caliburn X Pod fills from the top and has replaceable Caliburn G or G2 Coils so you can keep the pod for longer.
If you’re a Uwell Caliburn Pod Kit veteran, all we can say is that it appears as if Uwell took the best features from all previous Caliburns (like top fill, bigger battery, button and auto-draw vaping, replaceable coils, and adjustable airflow and wattage) and smashed them together to make a beautiful Caliburn love child – the Caliburn X Pod Vape Kit.
Watch the short video review of the Uwell Caliburn X Pod Kit by Mike Vapes, one of our fave YouTube vape reviewers, to see this vapouriser in action.
Bigger Caliburn X Pod – less refills
Almost all other Uwell Caliburn Pod Kits have pods with an e-liquid capacity of 2mL. However, the Uwell Caliburn X Replacement Pod packs a large 3mL of vape juice so you can go longer between refills (highly dependent on how much you vape). Caliburn X Pods are still relatively easy to use though, if you don’t mind changing vape coils, with features like their:
- 3mL e-liquid capacity which needs to be mentioned again
- easy-as top fill by removing the black mouthpiece and filling via the red-membrane-covered fill port (not the centre hole)
- replaceable coils so you don’t throw out Caliburn X Pods every time the coil needs changing like disposable pods
- compatible with both Caliburn G2 Coils and Caliburn G Coils which both promise great vapour flavour, good throat hit and low-to-medium vape cloud production with Uwell’s Pro-Focs Flavour Adjustment Technology
- cross-compatibility of coils so you can run multiple Caliburn Vape Kits on two coil ranges (e.g. Caliburn G, Caliburn G2, Caliburn GK2, Caliburn X)
- simple coil change from the bottom of the Caliburn X Pod. Pull out the old and push in the new coil, lining up the flat edge of the coil to the flat edge of the coil slot
- comfortable mouth piece that suits the curvature of your lips
- strong magnetic connection so your Caliburn X Pod stays put, even when carrying
- transparent body to see your e-liquid level and avoid vaping on empty pods (could burn your coil).
Caliburn Vapes and their MTL draws
MTL vaping is where you draw and hold vapour in your mouth before inhaling to the lungs (like the drag of an old smoke… yuck). The Caliburn X Pod Kit will give you both loose and tight MTL draws as it has Caliburn G and Caliburn G2 Coil options (each with different wattage, airflow and resistance) and an airflow adjustment slider on the side.
What about restricted DL (RDL)?
Uwell promotes the Caliburn X Vapouriser as being cable of RDL draws (where you bypass the mouth with your inhales, going straight to the lungs, with some restriction) with fully open airflow and the lowest resistance coil but the draw is pretty tight for RDL when we tried it. But hey, give it ago with the 0.8 ohm coil – it might work for you.
Caliburn X Battery has it all
Every adjustable feature that could possibly be on a simple pod vape kit features on the Uwell Caliburn X Battery (the part without the pod). It’s as Uwell describe it: ‘a multi-functional pod system’. While it’s simple enough to learn, you will have to adjust some settings yourself but it’s totally worth it! The Caliburn X Battery features that make it a pleasure to vape with include its:
- 850mAh built-in battery for all-day vaping, depending on how much you vape
- adjustable wattage (up to 20W) so you can tailor the warmth of your draw (check coil wattage range so you don’t exceed it)
- small but clear display with all your vape settings (e.g. battery level, wattage)
- adjustable airflow slider to tighten or loosen your draw that works very well
- fire button vaping where you press the button to vape that’s textured so you can locate it without looking
- auto-draw vaping (aka draw-activated) where you just draw from the mouthpiece without pressing the button to vape
easy to use with single-button operation and no complicated menu:
- quick button lock with double click of the fire button which locks the button but still lets you auto-draw vape while locked
- change wattage with triple click then single click to change wattage
- turn on/off with five quick clicks of the fire button
- bigger size than the regular Caliburn stick-style pod kits but still compact enough to easily carry in your pocket or bag
- e-liquid window to see your juice level and avoid vaping on an empty pod and possibly burning your coil
- light-weight of only 46g! Doesn’t weigh your pocket down when carrying
- great build quality with durable aluminium alloy body
- beautiful, deep colours that are sandblasted and frosted
- comfortable grip with smooth, rounded edges, and thoughtful placement of button and airflow slider for easy access
- Type C fast-charging.
The Uwell Caliburn X Pod Vape Kit is pretty darn awesome because Uwell thought of everything when designing it. It’s adjustable in almost every way within the parameters of being a simple pod kit that beginner vapers could learn to use. We’re also loving the larger battery and vape juice capacity!
- Remove sticker from the bottom of new Uwell Caliburn X Pods before use.
- Before installing new coils, make sure you prime them by placing a few drops of e-liquid in the coil centre to saturate the cotton, install in the pod, fill with e-liquid, put mouthpiece back on and let it sit for about five minutes before using to avoid dry hits or burning. See our ‘how to prime new coils’ FAQ for more information.
- When installing coils, match up the straight edge of the coil with the straight edge of the coil hole on the pod. It should sit seamlessly.
- Caliburn X Pods are not compatible with any other Uwell Caliburn Pod Kit.
Caliburn X Pod Kit features & specs
- Dimensions: 107.4 x 27.5 x 15.6mm
- Weight: 46g
- Vape juice capacity: 3mL
- Power output: 5-20W
- Built-in battery capacity: 850mAh
- Charging port: Type-C USB 5V/2A fast charging
- Draw-activated vape (auto-draw without button)
- Fire button vaping
- Top-filling pod
- E-liquid window
- Clear display screen
- Magnetic connection of pod
- Adjustable wattage
- Adjustable airflow slider for tight to loose MTL vaping
- Compatible with both Uwell Caliburn G2 Coils and Caliburn G Coils
- Uwell Caliburn X Mod/Battery
- Uwell Caliburn X Pod Cartridge
- Uwell Caliburn G Coil - 0.8 ohm (13-18W)
- Uwell Caliburn G2 Coil - 1.2 ohm (9-13W)
- USB Type-C charging cable
- User manual
This product does NOT contain nicotine
Good flavour and long battery life. I’ve been using the Caliburn X for more than 2 weeks now and not a single leak or condensation. They’ve really made this device to be a flagship model. The airflow slider is a bit of a gimmick, even though you can adjust it “variably”, it moves around easily so you’re really going to default to open, closed or half open.
I am pretty new to vaping and was put onto the Caliburn G. I love that's its simple and versatile but this new X is beyond amazing. So simple to use yet gives an amazing throat hit. Very quick postage. Definitely buy another for a spare from you guys. I'm so happy I went with this new Caliburn xx