Gen Fit 40 Kit by Vaporesso is a mod and tank vapouriser for vapers who like simple vape-life. The Vaporesso Gen Fit 40 Mod has three simple modes to tailor your vaping (including Smart Mode), adjustable wattage up to 40W, 2000mAh built-in in battery and three buttons to operate and access the menu from the small screen on top of the mod. The Vaporesso iTank X gives you 3.5mL vape juice capacity, easy top fill, slim 510 drip tip and adjustable airflow to tailor your mouth-to-lung (MTL, cigarette-style draw) or restricted direct-lung (RDL) vaping precisely, while you enjoy the awesome vapour flavour and low to medium vape clouds from the infamous Vaporesso GTX Coils.
Have a quick look at how this electronic cigarette (e-cigarette) works by watching the short Vaporesso Gen Fit 40 Kit YouTube video review by Adam Winch.
Wait… Vaporesso Gen Fit Kit sounds familiar
It should sound familiar since there's a Vaporesso Gen Fit Kit which is similar but different in some key ways:
- Gen Fit Kit: 1200mAh built-in battery, MTL vaping, comes with iTank M (plastic tube), MTX Coils, 3mL vape juice capacity, auto-draw or button vaping, single button operation, no screen, three power levels.
- This Gen Fit 40 Kit: 2000mAh built-in battery, MTL and RDL vaping, comes with iTank X (glass tube), GTX Coils, 3.5mL vape juice capacity, button vaping, small display, three modes, adjustable wattage.
In our humble vaping opinion, the Gen Fit Kit is easier to use and would be okay for relatively new vapers wanting to break into the mod and tank kit world, while the Gen Fit 40 Kit gives you more versatility.
iTank X great for restricted draws
The small Vaporesso iTank X shares part of its name with the more beastly Vaporesso iTank but in terms of vaping, they're completely different! Unlike the big iTank, the iTank X is made for restricted MTL or RDL draws so it’s designed for low-to-mid wattage vaping, reflected in features such as its:
- 3.5mL e-liquid capacity that’s plenty for low-wattage vaping but would run out quicker if using a higher-wattage Vaporesso GTX Coils all day
- very precise adjustable airflow ring at the bottom which has small holes to choose from that's perfect for restricted draws
- slim bore, removeable 510 drip tip designed for tighter draws
- easy top fill via quarter turn of the Vaporesso iTank X top cap and filling with e-liquid through the fill port next to the centre coil hole
- easy coil change via unscrewing the base of the iTank X, pulling out the old coil and pressing in the new coil firmly
- awesome vapour flavour and low-to-medium vape cloud production that ranges depending on which of the popular Vaporesso GTX Coils you use.
- SSS leak-resistant technology 2.0 that refers to the iTank X’s ability to:
- ‘store safely’ with extra seal to avoid leakage while not in use
- ‘saturate properly’ - saturates the coil with vapour juice via the large coil openings to the cotton
- ‘seal comprehensively’ with o-rings that keep air pressure in for the best vaping experience
- ‘self-clean’ by revapourising condensation at the bottom of the tank (self-circulating) to minimise leakage and use every drop of your vape juice.
Enough adjustability for MTL and RDL vaping
The Vaporesso Gen Fit 40 Kit has just enough versatility in its airflow, wattage and mode settings, and GTX Coil range compatibility to easily accommodate both MTL and RDL vaping.
MTL vaping is a cigarette-style draw where you draw and hold vapour to your mouth before inhaling to your lungs.
- Use the included high-resistance, 1.2 ohm GTX Coil with more closed airflow for tight MTL draws, cool vapour production, low-wattage vaping (battery lasts longer), low vape clouds and good vapour flavour.
- Use the included 0.6 ohm GTX Coil for looser MTL draws with warmer vapour flavour, low-to-medium vape clouds and slight boost in vapour flavour.
RDL vaping is where you inhale vapour straight to your lungs by taking a deep breath in through your drip tip while firing (pressing the fire button) your vapouriser, which has more restriction than regular DL vaping.
- Use the included 0.6 ohm GTX Coil and adjust your airflow to choose your perfect restriction of RDL draw.
The minimalist design of the Gen Fit 40 Mod
The Vaporesso Gen Fit 40 Mod has simple looks; an elegant, minimalist design without unnecessary complexity. This mod and tank kit vapouriser was made for restricted vape draws and all its features reflect that perfectly – nothing more and nothing less. If you like a simple vape-life with some adjustability, you’ll love the Gen Fit 40 Mod features, like its:
- small, crisp screen on TOP of the mod which is not very common but pretty nifty and easy to see all your vape settings (including wattage and battery level)
- compact, ergonomic body that’s more portable/easier to carry in your pocket or bag than a more powerful mod and tank vape kits but maintains great build quality and a comfortable hold
- 2000mAh built-in battery that should last you most if not all day with the included low-to-mid-wattage GTX Coils
- relatively easy to use with only a minimal amount of modes to choose from and three buttons to operate (one fire button and up/down buttons) the Gen Fit 40 Mod
- adjustable wattage up to 40W that accommodates for a range of different vaping experiences with the majority of available GTX Coil types
- button vaping by pressing the button and drawing on the drip tip to vape
- quick-lock feature that locks all Gen Fit 40 Mod buttons with three quick clicks of the fire button.
- three simple modes accessed by holding the up and down buttons together.
- Smart Variable Wattage is a popular mode as it automatically detects the coil installed and sets a recommended wattage for you!
The Vaporesso Gen Fit 40 Kit is simple but gives enough versatility for vapers who like MTL or RDL vaping to adjust their draws precisely. Plus, it’s compatible with GTX Coils that are loved by the vaping community, not only because they can be used by a very long list of vape kits but also because they deliver tasty vapour flavour and decent vape clouds!
- Always lock (three clicks of fire button) or turn your device off (five clicks) before placing it in your bag or pocket so buttons aren’t accidentally pressed to fire the device.
- Before vaping with new coils, make sure you prime them by placing a few drops of e-liquid in the coil centre to saturate the cotton and avoid dry hits or burning. After installing the coil and filling the tank, let it sit for around five minutes. See our ‘how to prime new coils’ FAQ for more information.
- Battery safety is very important when vaping, even with built-in battery devices like the Vaporesso Gen Fit 40 Kit. Check out our battery safety blog post for a gist on looking after your vape.
- Not recommended for very early beginner vapers.
Gen Fit 40 Kit features & specs
- Dimensions: 117.9 X 32.25 X 22.53mm
- Vape juice capacity: 3.5mL
- Power output: 5-40W
- Built-in battery capacity: 2000mAh
- Compatible with Vaporesso GTX Coils
- OLED screen on top of mod
- Slim, removeable 510 drip tip
- Type-C USB charging with up to 5V/2A
- Top-filling tank
- Adjustable airflow and wattage
- Compact mod and tank vape kit
- MTL and RDL vaping
- Modes: Variable Wattage (VW), Smart VW and Variable Voltage
- Vaporesso Gen Fit 40 Mod
- Vaporesso iTank X (3.5mL)
- 2 x Vaporesso GTX Coils:
- spare 1.2 ohm (8-12W, best at 11W)
- preinstalled 0.6 ohm Mesh (20-26W, best at 24W)
- Extra glass tube
- Type-C USB charging cable
- User manual
- Warranty card
This product does NOT contain nicotine