Caliburn G3 Pod Vape Kit by Uwell is like a Caliburn love-child, made up of the best features from pre-October-2023 Uwell Caliburn Vapourisers. The Uwell Caliburn G3 Pod Kit is bigger than its Caliburn G2 Pod Kit buddy in size, battery (larger, 900mAh battery for longer vaping time), e-liquid window and 2.5mL, disposable Caliburn G3 Replacement Pods. You also get both auto-draw and fire-button vaping, adjustable airflow and wattage, and Uwell Caliburn G3 Pods options that cater for both mouth-to-lung (MTL) AND restricted direct-lung (RDL) vaping. Oh, and you get a lanyard. Because, why not?
Check out the Uwell Caliburn G3 Pod Vape Kit video review by Mike Vapes, one of our fave YouTube vape reviewers, to see the Caliburn G3 Vape in action.
Caliburn G3 vs G2
For all you Caliburn Vape lovers and experts, here’s a quick list of how the Caliburn G3 Vape differs from its predecessor, the Caliburn G2 Pod Kit:
- wider e-liquid window
- larger, 900mAh battery
- bigger 2.5mL Caliburn G3 Pods
- disposable pods (not replaceable coils)
- three trigger modes: auto-draw, fire button or both
- side fill (instead of top fill)
- MTL & RDL vaping
- display screen
- slightly bigger body size.
Gimme, gimme (more) with Caliburn G3 Pods
Yes, that's an homage to Britney’s ‘Gimme More’ song. What. It gets stuck in our head… Aaaand now in yours. Anyway, like Britney’s debut single, the Uwell Caliburn G3 Pod Vape Kit is different to its Caliburn family, starting with its bigger, 2.5mL Uwell Caliburn G3 Replaceable Pods (compared to 2mL). There are more intriguing features of Caliburn G3 Pods, like their:
- 2.5mL e-liquid capacity which is great for 0.6 ohm pod that may go through e-juice a little quicker
disposability for ease of use and air-tight seal that could reduce leakage. Just refill until pod no longer vapes well (leaking, bad vapour flavour etc); no hassle of replacing coils
- side-fill via a silicone-plug-covered fill port that you access after removing the Uwell Caliburn G3 Pod from the battery
- comfortable duck-billed mouth piece built-in to the G3 Pods that suits the curvature of your lips
- strong magnetic connection so the Caliburn G3 Pod is secure even while carrying
- two pod options give you both MTL (0.9 ohm) and RDL (0.6 ohm) vaping
- semi-transparent body for easy monitoring of e-liquid level to avoid vaping on an empty pod that may burn your coil
- adjustable airflow via its dual airflow system; remove and rotate pod 180° to loosen or tighten airflow
- decent, more accurate vapour flavour with the Pro Focs coil upgrade and more fluent airflow for better performance in humidity
- low to medium vape cloud production.
MTL & RDL draws both possible
The Uwell Caliburn G3 Pod Kit’s adjustable wattage and airflow, along with its two Caliburn G3 Pods, of different wattage and resistance (ohm), mean you can both MTL and RDL vape!
MTL vape, where you draw vapour to your mouth, hold, then inhale to the lungs, similar to drawing on a traditional ciggie.
0.9 ohm pod: cooler vapour, low wattage (max 15W), good flavour and tight to loose MTL draws.
- 0.6 ohm pod: warmer vapour, higher wattage (max 25W), boost in vapour flavour and mid to loose MTL draws.
- 0.9 ohm pod: cooler vapour, low wattage (max 15W), good flavour and tight to loose MTL draws.
RDL vape, where you bypass your mouth and breathe vapour straight to your lungs but with restriction (compared to traditional direct-lung vaping).
- Best with 0.6 ohm pod with looser airflow.
‘Bigger really IS better!’ says Caliburn G3 Battery
Okay, so the Uwell Caliburn G3 Battery can't physically say a word but he may as well have! Quite a few features of the Caliburn G3 Battery/Mod are bigger than the Uwell Caliburn G2 and Caliburn G Pod System Kits and adds different and intelligent features, such as its:
- 900mAh built-in battery, a 20% increase of the Caliburn G2 Battery, for most-of-the-day vaping, depending on how much you vape and which is used (0.6 ohm uses a little more power)
- adjustable wattage to tailor warmth of your draw via three consecutive clicks of the fire button
three trigger modes (ways to vape) that you switch between by double-clicking the fire button:
fire button and auto-draw (inhale-activated) vaping (auto mode), the default mode: both press the fire button or auto-draw to vape
- auto-draw vaping only mode: locks fire button; just draw from on mouthpiece to vape
- fire-button vaping only mode: locks inhale-activation; press fire button to vape
- fire button and auto-draw (inhale-activated) vaping (auto mode), the default mode: both press the fire button or auto-draw to vape
- display screen shows wattage, puff count, trigger mode and battery level
five clicks to turn Caliburn G3 Battery off/on
- safety cut-off that stops the Caliburn G3 Mod’s output if the draw/fire-button press is longer than eight seconds
- auto smart mode that recognises the Caliburn G3 Pod inserted, adjusts the power and doesn't allow you to increase wattage beyond the G3 Pod’s capability
- e-liquid window to see e-juice level without removing the Caliburn G3 Pod
- Type C fast-charging with 2A
- light-weight of only 47g which although is a little heavier than the Caliburn G2, is still light enough for an easy carry
- haptic feedback (vibration communication) that lets you know when the Uwell Caliburn G3 Battery is charging/finished charging, has a protection alert or the pod is inserted correctly
- battery level shown on the Caliburn G3 Mod’s display screen.
- See Uwell Caliburn G3 Pod Kit frequently asked questions (FAQs) after 'Package Content' for more information.
- Remove sticker from the bottom of new Caliburn G3 Pods before use.
- It is very important to turn off (five clicks of fire button) when carrying the Caliburn G3 Vape in your pocket or bag to avoid accidental fire button presses.
- Caliburn G3 Pods are not compatible with any other Caliburn Vape Kit.
- Prime new pods before use to avoid burning or dry hits. To do so, fill the pod with e-liquid and let it sit for five to 10 minutes before using to saturate the coil inside. See our 'How to prime new coils or pods' frequently asked question for more information.
- Battery safety is very important when vaping, even with simple, built-in battery devices like the Caliburn G3 Pod Vape Kit. Check out our battery safety blog post for a gist on looking after your vape
Caliburn G3 Pod Kit features & specs
- Dimensions: 115.5 x 24 x 13.9mm
- Weight: 47g
- Vape juice capacity: 2.5mL
- Power output: up to 25W
- Battery capacity: built-in 900mAh
- Coil specification: FeCrAI Meshed 0.6/0.9 ohm
- Charging port: Type-C USB (fast 2A charge)
- Pod: PCTG (BPA-free plastic)
- Battery: aluminium alloy
- Compatible with Uwell Caliburn G3 Replacement Pods
- Disposable but refillable pods
- Draw-activated (auto-draw) vaping
- Fire-button vaping
- Side-filling pod
- E-liquid window
- Magnetic connection of pod
- MTL and RDL vaping
- Protections: atomiser short, low battery, over 8 seconds, no atomiser
- Uwell Caliburn G3 Battery
- 2 x Uwell Caliburn G3 Refillable Pods:
- 0.6 ohm (max 25W)
- 0.9ohm (max 15W)
- Type-C cable (for charging)
- User manual
Uwell Caliburn G3 Pod Kit FAQs
1. Are Caliburn G Pod Kits discontinued?
As far as we know, as at Oct 2023 that is, the pod kits themselves have not been discontinued but the Uwell Caliburn G and Koko Prime Replacement Coils have.
2. How long do Caliburn pods last?
Caliburn Pods, including the Caliburn G3 Pods are said to last up to two weeks. However, that's always a rough guide because pod (built-in coil) life depends on so many factors; some you can control and others you can't.
Check out our 'What affects the life of my coil or pod?' FAQ for more information on how to get the most out of your Caliburn Pod.
3. Is Caliburn G3 better than G2?
There are certainly some different features on the more-recent Caliburn G3 Pod Kit, like more adjustability (airflow/wattage), display screen and disposable pods but you might appreciate the simpler use and replaceable coils of the Caliburn G2.
4. Is Caliburn mouth-to-lung?
Heck yes! You can get tight to loose MTL draws with the Caliburn G3 Pod System Kit AND RDL vaping too! See the description above for more information on which Caliburn G3 Pod suits MTL and RDL draws.
5. What is the difference between Caliburn G2 & G3?
Caliburn G2 Pod Vape Kit
||Caliburn G3 Pod Vape Kit|
|2mL Caliburn G2 Pods||2.5mL Caliburn G3 Pods|
|Top fill||Side fill|
|Replaceable coils||Disposable, refillable pods|
|Pro Focs coil||Upgraded Pro Focs Coil|
|MTL vaping||MTL & RDL vaping|
|Fire button & auto-draw vaping||Fire button & auto-draw with ability to lock each one or use both|
|Battery indicator light||Display screen with battery level|
|Adjustable airflow wheel
||Adjustable airflow (pod rotation)|
|110mm tall||115.5mm tall|
|Max 18W||Max 25W|
6. Which Caliburn is the best?
This truly depends on you as a vaper. There are still vapers that rock the first-ever Uwell Caliburn Pod Kit and love it! Check out our reviews at the bottom of each Caliburn Pod Kit to see other vapers' experience and if you have a favourite, please leave a review on that particular Caliburn Pod Kit to share your vaping experience.
7. Why was Caliburn banned?
The 2020 article, 'FDA Tells Uwell to Remove the Caliburn from the Market', on Vaping360.com, outlines some details regarding the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) sending Uwell warning letters to remove the original Uwell Caliburn Pod Kit from the market as it violated 'rules in the 2009 Tobacco Control Act and the 2016 Deeming Rule, including the requirement that any products introduced after Aug. 8, 2016 must first receive marketing approval by the FDA.'
This was only regarding sales in the US. We haven't seen any updates to this but it hasn't affected selling it in Australia.
This product does NOT contain nicotine