Aegis Max100 Kit by GeekVape is a beastly 100W vape kit with Tri-proof durability (IP68 rated water, dust and shock proof). The Geek Vape Aegis Max100 Mod gives you versatility in battery life, being compatible with 21700, 20700 and 18650 batteries (not included), vape style with mode choices to tailor your vaping and super easy A-lock feature quick locking your vaping device. It’s accompanied by the infamous GeekVape Z (Zeus) Sub Ohm Tank that boasts awesome vapour flavour and huge vape clouds from its leak-proof top airflow and Z Series Coils.
Check out the GeekVape Aegis Max100 Kit video review by Mike Vapes, one of our favourite YouTube vape reviewers, to this kit in action.
Tested, trusted and awesome Z Sub Ohm Tank
You don’t have to guess about the quality and performance of the Geek Vape Z (formerly Zues) Sub Ohm Tank (2021 Edition) since this is not its first rodeo. The Z Sub Ohm Tank 2021 Edition features in many Geek Vape vapouriser kits and for good reason – you’re guaranteed incredible vapour flavour and huge clouds for all you cloud-chasing vapers. More reasons to love the Z Sub Ohm Tank include its:
- Z Series Coils compatibility since they are the heart of the tank and what ensure you get high-wattage, low-resistance (sub ohm) vaping
- superb vapour flavour and vape clouds that fill a room
- humongous adjustable airflow from the top of the tank
- leak-proof design with top airflow as without bottom airflow, there are no holes for your juice to escape from the bottom of the Z Sub Ohm Tank
- 5.5mL vape juice capacity
- easy top fill via a quarter turn of the Z Sub Ohm Tank top cap
- easy coil change where you just pull out the old and plug in the new coil after unscrewing the bottom cap of the tank (matching notches on coil to those on the tank, where the coil sits)
- large fill ports so you can use any e-liquid bottle nozzle size
- wide 810 drip tip that allows airflow to quickly go from the coil to your lungs in the form of dense, tasty vapour.
This is your direct-lung (DL) vaping friend
DL vaping, where you inhale vapour straight to your lungs (like taking a deep breath in through your drip tip), is the only way to enjoy your Geek Vape Aegis Max100 Vape Kit.
The wide 810 drip tip, T-Rex-sized top adjustable airflow and low-resistance, high-wattage Z Series Coils of the Z Sub Ohm Tank, coupled with the adjustable 100W and mode selection of the Aegis Max100 Mod, are a match made in heaven for DL vaping.
While you can get a more restricted DL vape using the included, lower-wattage, 0.25 ohm dual mesh coil, you won’t be able to achieve mouth-to-lung (MTL) vaping with this kit (a cigarette-style draw where vapour is held in the mouth, then inhaled to the lungs).
Aegis Max100 Mod stands out in the crowd
The GeekVape Aegis Max100 is a unique Aegis hybrid, borrowing features from its very similar companions, the Aegis Solo 2 S100 and Aegis Mini 2 M100, and its bigger brother, the Aegis Legend 2 Kit. Here’s a quick break down on its differences to each kit:
- Aegis Mini 2 M100 Kit – built-in battery, Z Nano Tank, B Series Coils, smaller size
- Aegis Solo 2 S100 Kit – 18650 battery compatibility, up to 25mm tank, smaller size
- Aegis Legend 2 L200 Kit – dual 18650 batteries, 200W, much larger size.
The Aegis Max100 Mod offers you the following features, the main difference between the three Aegis brothers being its battery compatibility and wattage:
21700, 20700 and 18650 battery compatibility (batteries not included) so you can choose which battery suits your vaping best and use spares you already own
100W that allows for compatibility with all Z Series Coils
- A-Lock switch for quick locking of all Aegis Max100 buttons so you can carry it safety; not worrying about accidentally pressing buttons while in your pocket
wattage lock (press up and down buttons together) that stops you from accidentally changing wattage but still allows you to vape
- Tri-proof IP68 water, dust and shock proof rating so it can handle a few bumps and bruises (don’t drop it off a building though – you might hurt a by-stander)
- quick mode selection without a menu! Just click the fire button three times and scroll through the mode options
- modes to tailor your vape with (such as Bypass, VPR, temp control) including the simple Power Mode that only requires you to set your wattage
- up to 26mm tank fits without overhang
- secure, long-lasting battery lid that although can be tight to screw in, makes it worth it for the protection your battery gets
- comfortable grip with the soft, cushioned, leather panel
- quick firing Aegis Max100 Mod for instant vape clouds
- hidden Type C charging port under rubber panel at the top of the mod for easy access, protection from water and dust, and charging upright
- large, bright screen allows you to see all your settings clearly.
The GeekVape Aegis Max100 Kit is like the ‘Goldilocks’ of its three Aegis brothers. It’s not too big or too small, has a powerful, quality, Z Sub Ohm Tank, allows you to vape using a larger 21700 battery without becoming as heavy as the Aegis Legend 2 (but lasting longer than Aegis Mini 2 & Solo 2) and still lets you enjoy the heck out of flavoursome, large vape clouds while DL vaping.
- Water, dust and shock proof rating only applies to the Aegis Max100 mod, not the tank.
- Install coils correctly by matching notches on tank to notches on coil.
- 18650 battery can only be used with the included 18650 battery adapter.
- Avoid dry hits or burning of your coil by priming new Geek Vape Z Series Coils before use. Place a few drops of e-liquid in the centre to saturate the cotton and let them sit for about five minutes in a full tank. See our ‘how to prime new coils or pods’ FAQ for more information.
- Battery safety is very important when vaping, especially with replaceable battery devices like the GeekVape Aegis Max100 Vape Kit. Check out our battery safety blog post for a gist on looking after your vape.
- Not recommended for beginner vapers.
Aegis Max100 Kit features and specs
- Size: 143.8 x 42.06 x 31.5mm
- Vape juice capacity: 5.5mL
- Wattage: up to 100W
- Battery compatibility: 1 x 21700, 20700 or 18650 (not included)
- IP68 rating – water, dust and shock proof
- 18650 battery adapter included
- Recommended battery: Molicel P42A
- Light & durable
- Top filling
- Top airflow control making it more leakproof
- Z Sub Ohm 2021 Tank
- Easy coil replacement
- DL vaping
- GeekVape Z Series Coils compatible. Included:
- 0.25 ohm Mesh (45-57W)
- 0.2 ohm Mesh (70-80W)
- GeekVape Aegis Max100 Mod
- GeekVape Z Sub Ohm 2021 Tank
- 2 x GeekVape Z Series Coils
- Z0.2 Mesh Coil (70-80W,pre-installed)
- Z0.25 Mesh Coil (45-57W)
- 18650 battery adapter
- Spare bubble glass
- Coil tool
- Type-C USB charging cable
- Spare parts pack (o-rings, coil tool)
This product does NOT contain nicotine
I had the larger version but this is perfect for me and still does the job like the bigger version :-)
This is my current main mod, fits good in the hand, looks good, menu and screen are still good. The lock switch on the new Aegis line is a no brainer. Buy one.
great mod and tank, highly recommend