Ahoy, future vapers! Embarking on the vaping journey is like setting sail on a thrilling yet unfamiliar adventure. But worry not, for we are your trusty vape navigators; here to guide you through the vast sea of options and help you choose the perfect vape kit as a beginner. So, buckle up your life jackets and let's navigate the waters of vaping knowledge together!
Before we begin though, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you under 18 years of age? If your answer is yes, firstly, sorry to say but you can’t purchase vape gear from our site, regardless of its nicotine-free status. Secondly, you’d honestly be silly to start a habit… No offense but we regret picking up a cigarette at your age and it’s the reason we’re vaping today.
- Are you a smoker? We mean legit smoker, not if you have a few drags at a party every now and then. If your answer is yes, keep reading (not that vaping is an approved smoking cessation device in Australia). If not, we give you the same advice as our young rebels above…
Which vape is best for beginners?
Cast anchor on what the vape world calls 'starter kits'! Starter kits are essentially the lifeboat for beginner vapers so you don’t feel like a fish that’s completely out of water. These vapourisers ooze simplicity due to their ease of use so they’re like the gentle waves that start you on your vaping journey.
One recommendation of an easy starter vape kit is the famous Vaporesso Xros Pod Kit that has all the easy peasy vape kit features for an easy vape-ride.
How do you start vaping for beginners?
Starting your vaping journey is as easy as one, two, vape with the right kit! Remember, simplicity is key for beginner vapers. Look for starter kits with user-friendly features such as:
- refillable but disposable pods (not a disposable kit, that’s different)
- auto-draw vaping (aka draw-activated, inhale-activated vaping)
- built-in batteries
- zero settings.
Use these features as a guide on what to look for when choosing your easy starter kit from our collection.
If all of this sounds like Swahili to you, our New vapers: key vape word definitions blog post is like a glossary for vape terms you can reference.
How to vape your starter kit will depend on which kit you choose. For the easiest type of pod vape kit you simply fill the detachable pod with e-liquid, let it sit for five minutes to prime the coil (saturate built-in coil’s cotton so you don’t burn it prematurely), reattach it to your vape and well, vape! Most likely, all you’ll have to do is draw on the pod’s mouthpiece.
What to know before buying a vape?
Navigating the sea of vape options can be overwhelming, but we've got your compass right here! Before you buy your first vape kit, consider a few factors. Firstly, your vaping style – are you a cloud chaser or a flavour explorer? In the vape world, that’s the different between direct-lung (DL) or direct-to-lung (DTL) vaping, and mouth-to-lung (MTL) vaping. Here’s how you know what type of vaper you are:
- DL/DTL: you like big clouds and drawing vapour straight to your lungs, like taking a breath in through your vape (like a puffer). This produces bigger vapour… Not the most stealthy way to vape.
- Look for starter kits with higher-wattage capacity.
- MTL: you prefer drawing vapour to your mouth, holding, then inhaling to the lungs, similar to how many people puff on those smelly ciggies. You get less vapour with MTL draws but great vapour flavour.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, you must consider battery safety! It's essential to properly care for your vape kit, as they all have a battery inside, to avoid any stormy situations. Check out our battery safety blog post for a guide on battery safety.
Finally, get yourself some vape juice, aka e-juice, aka e-liquid. We have enough e-liquid to sink a small boat, so there’s no doubt you’ll find something that floats your boat! Our e-liquid sample boxes might be a good option for you too.
Is it hard to vape for the first time?
As with any adventure, it takes a bit of practice to get the hang of vaping but if you go with a simple starter vape kit, it makes things a lot easier. Things that can help you get all the info you need:
- look for the simple e-cigarette features mentioned in this blog post when choosing your vape
- read our product description of your vape
- read the user manual that comes with your vape kit
- watch YouTube reviews on the vapouriser to see how it’s used
- expect some vape-cough or vapor that tastes a bit off at the beginning.
Remember, we've all been through the stormy seas of learning. To give you a chuckle and some valuable tips, check out our How to lose a vape in 10 days blog post which is a humorous guide on what NOT to do with your vape. We promise, it's worth a read for a good laugh and some dos and don'ts!
Wrapping it up
Congratulations, vapers-to-be, you've reached the shores of vaping wisdom! Choosing a vape kit as a beginner might seem like navigating uncharted waters, but we hope this article has helped point you in the right direction.
Now that you know which vape is best for beginners and how to start your journey, set sail with one of our starter vape kits and explore the vast world of vaping. Also, for vape's ake, remember to equip yourself with vaping knowledge and always prioritise battery safety.
Feeling overwhelmed? Not to worry, feel free to contact us with any vape-related questions. Happy vaping! May your clouds be fluffy and your flavours delicious.