Gen S – Power isn't just for the pros
The Vaporesso Gen S Mod, like its predecessor the Gen, makes high power vape devices more accessible to people than ever before because of their ease of use. What's also great about this electronic cigarette (e-cigarette) mod is that you can essentially put any tank you want on it, including advanced rebuildable tanks that enhance e-liquid flavour dramatically! Why? Well, it can hold tanks up to 27mm in diameter (which covers quite a few tanks on the market) and handles up to 220W. The versatility is incredible!
Why is it different from the original Gen?
All the awesome capabilities of the original Gen are the same - because why would you change it when it works incredibly well and so many vapers love it! The Gen S Mod is really only different in one way:
- new colours, which we don't mind saying are a little sexy.
The Gen S Kit is different to the original Gen in a few more ways including size, tank and coil compatibility.
The rest of the Gen awesomeness is all there, including:
- 220W output capacity
- 107g weight
- Pulse Mode that maintains the vape temperature through the puff not just at the initial fire
- Eco Mode that maximises battery efficiency so they last longer
- dual 18650 batteries (not included)
- that amazing, rubber-feel, soft but textured durable body with a magnetic door that's made so well you don't even know is there
- the simplicity that doesn't have you scrolling through a complicated menu system.
If you're looking for an all-rounder mod that's not too complicated, the Gen S is definitely the way to go.
- Two 18650 batteries are required to operate (not included) which we recommend charging externally with a battery charger. Speaking of batteries, check out our blog on battery safety for information on how to look after your batteries.
- This product does not contain nicotine.
Features & Specs
- Pulse Mode - fires up to 500 times per puff!
- 93.5 x 53 x 27mm
- Super Player Mode: Resistance support 0.03 - 5.0 ohm
- Axon Chip
- Micro USB charging with up to 2.5A
- Protection for short circuit, low voltage, no load, over temperature, overtime and low power.
- Gen S Mod
- USB cable
- User guide
- Warranty card
This product does NOT contain nicotine
Good battery life and settings for me. Fits the two tanks I like to use. Spot on
Affordable, great design, haven't had a single problem with them and I've not a few people using them.
The various modes allow anything from a MTL style atty to a low build banger that I'd normally sit atop a mech mod. Simply put it in voltage mode and it is a similar experience to the Noisy Cricket V2 for power delivery.
Bought this as my first Regulated Mod for sub-ohming, coming from MTL pen-style. Very light-weight, awesome battery life (Eco Mode), and the screen is still bright enough to read when dimmed to 0% (extra battery life?). Really love the quiet-clicking fire-button too!
Biggest gripes are its slow startup, vague instruction manual (Youtube saved me), and the hit-and-miss coil resistance reading (+/- 0.01 Ohms on my SKRR-S Tanks/QF and GT8 coils). Also can’t update the firmware (MAC), but this seems to be a common issue with the Vaporesso software, after reading forums.
Overall pretty decent.