Maxus Max 168W Pod Mod Kit by FreeMax is a beastly vape kit! The 168W FreeMax Maxus Max Mod has enough power from the two 18650 batteries (not included) and air intake to keep you direct-lung (DL) vaping all day. An easy-to-navigate menu on a stealthy screen that disappears when unused gives you modes to tailor your vaping and a large fire BAR (not button) helps you release those intense vape clouds. The Maxus Max Mod is accompanied by the 5mL vape juice capacity Maxus DTL Pod that’s compatible with the massive, high-wattage, sub ohm, satisfying FreeMax MX Mesh Coils that handle high power like The Hulk!
Watch the FreeMax Maxus Max Pod Mod Kit video review by Mike Vapes, one of our favourite YouTube vape reviewers, to see it in action.
Maxus DTL Pod’s beastly coils
The FreeMax MX Mesh Coils that are compatible with your FreeMax Maxus DTL Pod are beastly both in power and size. We’re talking the larger MX Mesh coils have a 20mm diameter! As such, your vape juice capacity will slightly decrease when you use the larger sized MX Mesh Coils (totally worth it though)! Yes, with all that size and power comes great vape performance expectation and boy do MX Mesh Coils deliver! More things you should know about the FreeMax Maxus DTL Pod include its:
- 5mL vape juice capacity that will slightly decrease to maybe 3.5-4mL when using the larger MX Mesh coils. You should get 5mL with the pre-installed MX1 Coil
- built-in 810 drip tip and while it can’t be removed from the pod, you’re going to need it for the amount of vape clouds your Maxus Max Pod Mod Kit will produce
absolutely superb vapour flavour and ridiculously large vape clouds from the high-wattage, subohm FreeMax MX Mesh Coils that will come in single, dual, triple, quad and penta cores
- FMCoiltech5.0 Double D Mesh in the included MX1-D 0.15 ohm coil which FreeMax promises has 50% improvement in vapour flavour and heating speed with its tea fibre cotton formula and military-grade stainless steel (SS904L) mesh core
- all other MX Mesh Coils have FMCoiltech4.0 which is still ridiculously good as they also have a tea fibre cotton and military-grade SS904L core
- pod tank iteration that couples a Maxus DTL Pod with a 510 base, creating the FreeMax Maxus DTL Pod Tank that you can use on a regular vape mod (coming soon)
transparency of the entire pod so you can see ALL your e-liquid and avoid vaping on an empty pod by accident (and burning your coil)
- simple coil change from the bottom of the pod (must remove from mod to change); just pull out the old and plug in the new, primed coil
- strong magnetic connection to keep your Maxus DTL Pod in place securely
- side fill port under a rubber plug for convenient filling with vape juice, without removing the pod from the device. As the fill port is located near the bottom of the pod, you may need to tilt the pod to one side a little to fill completely.
DL vape your heart out!
DL vaping is where you inhale vapour straight to your lungs from your vape, like taking a breath in though your drip tip/mouthpiece, meaning you need heaps of airflow, high power and high wattage.
The Maxus Max Pod Mod Kit is born to offer you DL vaping with its two-sided, ample adjustable airflow, seriously beastly, high-wattage, low-resistance FreeMax MX Mesh Coils, modes to tailor your vape and plenty of available power with its dual 18650 batteries (not included).
Maxus Max Mod’s stealthy screen
Now you see it, now you don’t! The FreeMax Maxus Max Mod’s display screen goes into stealth mode when you’re not busy changing your wattage or adjusting your settings. The screen disappears behind the carbon fibre front panel when unlit so all you see is the good-looking Maxus Max Mod body; standing there, with figurative stoic eyes and the smouldering intensity of Dr. Bravestone (Dwayne Johnson) from the movie ‘Jumanji’. More impressively bold features of the FreeMax Maxus Max Mod include its:
bright, vivid display with large wattage numbers. When not in stealth mode, the display screen is perfectly clear and bright so you can see all your settings
- change your display colour by holding down the fire bar and up button together. Keep pressing them to scroll through colour options
- two side airflow control so air flows in from two large air holes on either side for big vape clouds
- Type C charge port located on the front, under the up/down buttons so you can charge it standing up. Many vapers recommend charging batteries with an external battery charger (see our ‘So, what’s the deal with batteries’ blog post for more info)
168W available to easily power every single MX Mesh Coil
- two 18650 batteries compatibility (not included) which will see you through a whole day of high-wattage vaping or more!
- bottom hinge battery door that’s secure
- fire bar – not button – that you can’t miss as it beautifully takes up a side of the Maxus Max Mod and makes for easy locating without looking
quick lock your buttons by holding down the up and down buttons together. This locks your ability to change wattage but you can still vape (which is awesome if you’re like us and accidentally up your wattage to 150W and obliterate your 60W coil)
easy menu to navigate (with three clicks of the fire bar) that gives you options to tailor your vaping
- Modes: Power, VPC (custom curves), Bypass and Temperature Control
- Set (settings): adjust your Time out, do a coil test and even change the kind of ‘quick lock’ (Comb.Keys settings lets you choose whether you only want to lock your wattage buttons or both your wattage and fire buttons when pressing up/down buttons together)
ridiculously quick firing capability so you’re making vape clouds the exact instant you press that fire bar
- solid feel even though it’s one of the smallest dual battery electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes). It feels sturdy in your hand but may take up a bit of space in your pocket if you like skinny jeans (make sure you turn your Maxus Max Mod off with five clicks of the fire bar when carrying so it doesn’t fire in your pocket).
If you’re a pod kit lover but love powerful, warm, DL vaping, the FreeMax Maxus Max Pod Mod Kit has all your bases covered. Especially with those large MX Mesh Coils! In our experience larger sized coils tend to last longer and are exceptionally good at delivering incredible vapour flavour and beastly vape clouds!
- Make sure you prime new FreeMax MX Mesh Coils before use by placing a few drops (maybe more than a few for these large coils) until the cotton is saturated and letting them sit for about five minutes to avoid dry hits or burning. See our ‘how to prime new coils or pods’ FAQ for more information.
- Battery safety is very important when vaping, especially with external battery devices like the FreeMax Maxus Max Pod Mod Kit. Check out our battery safety blog post for a gist on looking after your vape.
- Not recommended for beginner vapers.
Maxus Max 168W Pod Kit features & specs
- Size: 128.5 x 43 x 30.9
- Weight: 200g
- Batteries: two 18650
- Output wattage: 5-168W
- Output voltage: 0.7-8.4V
- Pod e-liquid capacity: 5mL
- Pod material: Food-grade PCTG (plastic, BPA free)
- Coil resistance: MX Mesh Coil 0.15 ohm and 0.2 ohm
- 1.3 inch display that hides beneath carbon fibre panel when not in use
- 2A fast charging
- DL vaping
- Ample adjustable airflow - two-sided air intake
- Included FM Chip 2.0 protection: over charge, over discharge, short circuit, low voltage, overtime, open circuit, overload and overheating
- FreeMax Maxus Max 168W Mod
- FreeMax Maxus DTL Pod 5mL
- 2 x FreeMax MX Mesh Coils
- MX1-D 0.15 ohm (50-80W, best at 70W) (pre-installed)
- MX2 0.2 ohm dual core (60-90W, best at 80W)
- Type-C USB charging cable
- Warning card
- Warranty card
- User manual
This product does NOT contain nicotine