Gen Air 40 Pod Kit by Vaporesso is an easy-to-use pod kit with some adjustability in power output and precise airflow control so you can tailor your vape to direct-lung (DL) AND mouth-to-lung (MTL, a cigarette-style draw)! While the Vaporesso Gen Air 40 is adjustable, it’s still easy enough for beginner vapers to get a handle on, featuring just a fire button and power button to vape with, and a built-in 1800mAh battery to keep you vaping ALL DAY! The Gen Air 40 Pod supports all-day vaping with its 4.5mL vape juice capacity, adjustable airflow, a built-in drip tip, easy Vaporesso GTX Coil change and side fill. Oh and seriously awesome vapour flavour and vape clouds!
See the Vaporesso Gen Air 40 Pod Kit video review by Frames Janklin Vapor on YouTube to see the Gen Air in action.
Small but BIG Gen Air 40 Pod
Vape longer before refilling with vape juice, with the Vaporesso Gen Air 40 Pod’s 4.5mL vape juice capacity which is surprising large for a pod kit of its size. That’s right! This just over 10cm tall pod vape kit has a large pod size for your convenience. More convenient features about the Vaporesso Gen Air 40 Pod include its:
- precise adjustable airflow which is unique for a pod. Well, at least this quality of precise airflow control located on the actual pod which allows you to both MTL and DL vape very well is unique (as at 2022, that is). Simply slide the airflow adjustment door up or down to restrict or open the airflow, increasing or decreasing your vapour production
- dense vapour flavour from the infamous, long-lasting Vaporesso GTX Coils. An 0.4 and 0.8 ohm GTX Coils are included in the kit but the Gen Air 40 Pod is also compatible with a number of other GTX Coils (except 0.15 or 0.2 ohm as they require higher wattage)
- surprisingly decent vape clouds from a low wattage kit that’ll give you medium-sized or a little more vape clouds for satisfying vaping
- easy coil change from the bottom of the pod; simply pull out the old and plug in the new, primed (see ‘please note’ section below) coil by matching the cutouts at the bottom of the pod with the flat sides of the GTX Coil
built-in slender drip tip/mouth piece that’s perfectly sized for the amount of vape clouds the Gen Air 40 Pod produces and even suits MTL draws (cigarette-style draw)
- side fill via a silicone-plug covered fill port on the side of the pod, cleverly coloured red for easy locating (must remove pod from mod for filling with e-liquid)
- secure clip in of pod that keeps your Gen Air 40 Pod in place tightly
SSS leak-resistant technology that refers to its ability to:
- ‘store safely’ with extra seal to avoid leakage while not in use
- ‘saturate properly’ - saturates the coil with vapour e-juice via the large coil openings to the cotton
- ‘seal comprehensively’ with the o-rings that keep the air pressure in for the best vape experience.
Vapes both ways: MTL and DL!
Many pod kits claim and can deliver both MTL (a restricted, cigarette-style draw that’s held in the mouth then inhaled to the lungs) and DL vaping (a loose draw where you inhale vapour straight to the lungs, like breathing in through your drip tip) but few can actually execute it so darn well!
The Vaporesso Gen Air 40 Pod Kit has awesome airflow control that lets you tight MTL, MTL, DL and restricted DL vape! Of course the sub ohm and 1.2 ohm GTX Coils with a range of wattage and simple power selection on the mod also make this possible. Tune your airflow in the following ways to get the desired vapour intake:
- Fully closed airflow – tight MTL.
- Slightly open airflow – MTL.
- Half open airflow – loose MTL or restricted DL.
- Fully open airflow – DL.
Gen Air 40 Mod goes the distance
The built-in 1800mAh large battery of the Vaporesso Gen Air 40 Mod gives you enough battery power to keep you vaping all day. Of course, that depends on how much you vape and what coil you use since if you chain vape and/or use higher-wattage coils, your battery will drain a little faster. If that tickles your vape-fancy, you’re going to love the simple features of the Gen Air 40 Mod, including its:
- 40W of power which is enough to give you the option of using most of the available Vaporesso GTX Coils and give you a satisfying vape
- light weight metal body that only weighs 67g!
- incredible build quality that feels solid and sturdy
- comfortable size and shape with its just over 10cm body (with pod) and round edges to fit in your palm nicely
- quick fire so you’ve got vapour the moment you press the Gen 40 Air Mod fire button
four battery indicator lights showing your battery status which appears with a single press of your fire button:
- four lights – 75-100%
- three lights – 50-75%
- two lights – 25-50%
- one light – 25%
four power choices to vape with that you can choose by pressing your power button, located under the fire button. Vaporesso indicate the power increase in voltage but you can also just think of it as different power levels, one being the lowest, if you’re not acquainted with voltage yet in your vape journey
- one light – 3V
- two lights – 3.2V
- three lights – 3.4V
- four lights – 3.6V
- The Gen Air 40 Mod uses the same four lights to indicate both battery and power level. Just note that your power level shows up with you press the actual power button and the battery level shows up when you press your fire button
- safe carry by turning your Gen Air 40 Mod off with five clicks of the fire button (doing this is a must so it doesn't accidentally fire in your pocket or bag).
We’re seriously impressed with the Vaporesso Gen Air 40 Pod Kit, especially its super-precise airflow control. The Gen Air 40’s ability to cater for both MTL and DL vaping so well is brilliant! Sure, you won't get the cloud-chasing, humongous clouds with DL vaping that you would from a more powerful vape kit but it definitely gives you decent vape clouds and both loose and tight vaping. Genius!
- Due to the maximum 40W of the Gen Air 40, it is NOT compatible with 0.15 or 0.2 ohm GTX Coils since they require higher wattage.
- Make sure you prime new Vaporesso GTX Coils before use by placing a few drops in the centre until the cotton is saturated and letting them sit for about five minutes to avoid dry hits or burning. See our ‘how to prime new coils or pods’ FAQ for more information.
- Battery safety is very important when vaping, even with built-in battery devices like the Vaporesso Gen Air 40 Pod Kit. Check out our battery safety blog post for a gist on looking after your vape.
Gen Air 40 Pod Kit features & specs
- SSS Leak Resistance Technology
- 4.5mL vape e-liquid capacity
- Side-fill pod
- Power output: 5-40W
- Dimensions: 103.05 x 31.55 x 20.5mm
- Weight: 67g
- Vaporesso GTX Coils 0.3 ohm and higher compatible
- AXON Chip
- Sub ohm vaping ability
- Precise adjustable airflow control
- Type-C USB charging with up to 2.5A fast charge
- Easy coil change
- Protection for short circuit, low voltage, no load, over temperature, overtime and low power
- 1800mAh built-in battery
- Choice of four power outputs (3-3.6V)
- Vaporesso Gen Air 40 Battery/Mod
- Vaporesso Gen Air 40 Pod Cartridge (4.5ml)
- 2 x Vaporesso GTX Coils:
- 0.4 ohm Mesh
- 0.8 ohm Mesh
- Type-C USB charging cable
- User manual
- Warranty card
This product does NOT contain nicotine
I've been vaping for 3 years now and I've realised that as an ex smoker of 40 years, I'm a MTL vaper plain and simple. Don't care about clouds but I do care about taste. My pod (Renova Zero) with salts is for during the day at work. Stealthy and quick fix. At home I prefer freebase cos there's more flavour choice. This device allows me to set for minimum air, tight draw a true MTL experience with my freebase liquids and it holds plenty of liquid and has a decent battery. It's light weight and doesn't leak and uses GTX coils. Too Good!