Aegis U (AU) Pod Kit by GeekVape lets you enjoy simple vaping from a button-less vapouriser that requires little-to-no vaping experience to use – great for beginner vapers! The GeekVape AU Pod Kit has auto-draw vaping, so you just fill and draw on the comfy, duck-billed mouthpiece to vape. You'll also enjoy loose mouth-to-lung (MTL, cigarette-style draw) or restricted direct-lung (DL) draws most of the day on its 800mAh built-in battery from the low-wattage, disposable but refillable GeekVape U Pod Cartridges. These U Pods have 2mL vape juice capacity and can last at least five refills each before disposal (10mL of vape juice).
U Pod’s been around the vape block
Well, not around the whole vape block yet because as of September 2022, GeekVape U Pod Cartridges are also compatible with the Sonder U Pod Kit and we expect these vape pods to be compatible with more Geek Vape kits in the future. Pretty nifty! All pod kits that U Pod Replacement Cartridges suit are beginner-friendly vape kits since the U Pods themselves are really easy to use with their:
- disposability which definitely doesn’t mean single-use. Refill GeekVape U Pods at least five times (10mL of e-liquid) before replacing them with a new pod. When you experience leaking, bad vapour flavour etc (see ‘When should I replace my coil or pod’ frequently asked question), you know it’s time to replace it
- 2mL e-juice capacity which is long-lasting when low-wattage vaping
- side fill via lifting the black, rubber tab/plug on the U Pod's side and filling with a thin-nosed e-liquid bottle
- nice throat hit, mellow vapour flavour and low vape clouds from built-in 0.7 or 1.1 ohm coil of the U Pod
- magnetic connection to keep your Geek Vape U Pod firmly in place on the Aegis U Battery
- duck-billed mouthpiece that tapers in for lip comfort while vaping
- semi-transparent, clear-view body so you can keep an eye on your e-juice level and avoid burning your coil by accidentally vaping on an empty U Pod.
Loose and restricted draws
The GeekVape AU Pod Kit can handle both loose MTL and RDL draws due to the small air inlet holes of the Aegis U Battery (the part without the pod) and the low-wattage, higher-resistance built-in coils of the Geek Vape U Pods.
- MTL vaping is a cigarette-style draw where you draw and hold vapour in your mouth before inhaling to your lungs. The AU Pod Kit provides loose MTL vaping and if you prefer a tighter draw, place your finger over one of the air inlet holes as you draw.
- Use either of the included pods to MTL draw. You’ll get a warmer vapour and slight boost in flavour with the 0.7 ohm pod and a cooler vapour with lower wattage (more battery efficiency) from the 1.1 ohm pod.
- RDL vaping is a looser draw where you inhale vapour straight to your lungs by taking a breath in through the mouthpiece, bypassing the mouth, with some restriction compared to pure direct-lung (DL) vaping.
- Use the included 0.7 ohm pod for RDL vaping as you’ll need a little more power.
Durable Aegis U Pod Kit body
If you’re a fan of the tough GeekVape Aegis vaping devices, you’ll expect the AU Pod Kit to have an almost-indestructible body like its Aegis family. Well, you'd be half right.
The GeekVape AU Pod Vape Kit isn’t IP67 or IP68 rated to be water, dust and shock proof. However, it still has tri-proof protections. It handles liquid splashes or spills (not immersion) and is crack resistant so you can worry less about day-to-day accidents (unless you drop it in the toilet). Even though the Aegis U Battery is a tough little vape kit, it’s still extremely easy to use with features like its:
- 800mAh battery for most-of-the-day vaping
- intelligence that recognises the U Pod inserted and adjusts power/wattage for you
- compact, light-weight body of only 94mm height that’s easy to carry anywhere
auto-draw vaping (aka draw-activated) meaning there are NO BUTTONS! Just fill with e-liquid and draw on the mouthpiece to vape, then chuck it in your pocket or bag without worrying about accidental button presses
- sexy aluminium and leather exterior, and rubber bottom that make it comfortable to hold, and provide shock and crack resistance protection of your AU Battery
- 20W max for low-wattage vaping that doesn’t drain your battery too quickly
- simplicity making it very beginner-friendly
- sleek, modern design with beautiful colours
- quality build that is simple but feels solid in your hand.
- Prime new pods before use to avoid burning or dry hits. To do so, fill the pod with e-liquid and let it sit for five minutes before using to saturate the coil’s cotton inside. See our 'How to prime new coils' frequently asked question for more information.
- No standard output so as the battery level declines, the wattage will also decrease.
- Battery safety is very important when vaping, even with simple, built-in battery devices like the Aegis U Pod Vape Kit. Check out our battery safety blog post for a gist on looking after your vape.
AU (Aegis U) Pod Kit features & specs
- Dimensions: 94.62 x 26.6mm
- Weight: 48.3g
- Vape juice capacity: 2mL
- Power output: max 20W (non-adjustable)
- Built-in battery capacity: 800mAh
- Built-in coil resistance: 0.7 or 1.1 ohm
- Charging port: Type-C USB
- Clear-view pod – see e-liquid level easily
- Draw-activated vaping (auto-draw)
- Beginner-friendly, very easy to use
- Side-filling pod
- Restricted airflow for loose MTL or RDL vaping
- GeekVape Aegis U Battery
- 2 x GeekVape U Pod Cartridges:
- 0.7 ohm (16-19W)
- 1.1 ohm (9-12W)
- Type-C USB charging cable
This product does NOT contain nicotine