Argus GT II MAAT Tank Kit by VooPoo makes a huge splash; figuratively because it’s a powerful vape kit and quite literally because the mod is IP68 rated to be water, dust and shock proof. Your dual 18650 battery, 200W VooPoo Argus GT II Mod is the upgraded version of the VooPoo Argus GT PnP Pod Tank Kit, adding an upgraded Gene.TT 2.0 Chip with four modes, quick lock switch, leather grip, more vibrant display and fast 3A charging.
It’s partner in vape-crime is the VooPoo MAAT Tank which has 6.5mL vape juice capacity, unique bottom airflow adjustability, wide 810 drip tip, more leak-proof ‘volcano crater’ design and replaceable VooPoo TPP Coils that are perfect for direct-lung (DL) vaping.
A lot has changed with the more recent Argus GT II and you can see it all in action by watching the VooPoo Argus GT 2 with MAAT Tank Kit video review by Mike Vapes on YouTube.
Dante’s Peak meets MAAT Vape Tank
The VooPoo MAAT Tank has a unique design referred to as a ‘volcano crater’. This design allows the MAAT Tank to drain condensation down, isolating it at the bottom of the tank, to prevent it from infiltrating the mod (although the mod is water proof but it's beneficial when used with other vape mods). This essentially means the MAAT Tank is more leak resistant. The vaping fun doesn’t stop there with the VooPoo MAAT Tank when you consider all its features, such as its:
- 6.5mL vape juice capacity which won’t need re-filling too often, even with high-wattage vaping
- removeable, wide 810 drip tip that’s perfect for big draws with DL vaping and easily removed for cleaning or replacement, if needed
- top fill via a quarter turn to remove the top cap of the tank, revealing two, membrane-covered fill ports that are best suited to unicorn or needle-nosed e-liquid bottles
- easy coil change by unscrewing the base of the tank then pulling out the old coil and plugging in the new, primed coil
- unique adjustable airflow at the bottom of the tank that isn’t a ring like most other vape tanks. Push the small lever, next to measurement lines that indicate the level of airflow, to the right or left, to increase or decrease your airflow (restricting or loosening your draw)
- more than enough airflow for seriously loose DL vaping that comes in from two sizeable air intake holes on either side of the tank
- decent vapour flavour and big vape clouds from the high-wattage VooPoo TPP Coils which boast excellent heating speed and increased atomisation of your vape juice.
Nothin’ but DL-vaping net
Everything about the VooPoo Argus GT II Kit screams ‘DL vape me!’ (where you inhale vapour straight to the lungs as opposed to mouth-to-lung (MTL) that’s a tighter draw and held in the mouth before full inhalation).
From the VooPoo MATT Tank’s wide 810 drip tip, massive adjustable airflow and high-wattage, sub ohm TPP Coils, to the Argus GT II Mod’s dual battery power availability, 200W capacity and modes to tailor your vaping with, are features that make great DL vaping possible. Tick, tick aaaaaand tick.
Drop and wet your Argus GT II Mod
Don’t go out of your way to see how much he can handle but yes, your VooPoo Argus GT II Vape Mod is tri-proof, meaning it’s IP68 rated to be water, dust and shock proof. This durable mod can cop a little man-handling without breaking a sweat but even if he did sweat, he's water proof, so the Argus GT II can handle his and your sweat too! ‘Interesting…’ you say, ‘but how does it vape?’ Good question that’s answered by looking at the Argus GT II powerful features, such as its:
- dual 18650 battery compatibility (not included) to power your DL vaping all day
- quick key lock by simply sliding the switch underneath the up and down buttons. It locks all your keys quickly so you can carry it safely.
- 200W that easily accommodates every VooPoo TPP Coil's wattage demands and maybe every other coil on the market too (if using another tank, such as a rebuildable dripping atomiser (RDA))
Gene.TT 2.0 Chip featuring four modes to intelligently tailor your vaping (press and hold up and down buttons to access menu):
- Smart Mode: detects the coil installed and sets a recommended wattage for you
RBA Mode: set any wattage you desire
- Turbo Mode: same as RBA mode in settings except it boosts the wattage at the beginning of your draw, increasing it by as much as 10W, for an extra boost in flavour, warmth and vape clouds. Wattage goes back to selected after initial boost during draw
- Temp Control Mode: select the coil type (nickel, titanium etc) and save up to three pre-sets for quick access to your favourite settings
- discreet Type C charging port located on top of the Argus GT II Mod, next to the MAAT Tank, accessed by sliding the black button on top of it
- 3A quick charging which will increase the charge speed by 30% if you use a power adapter that can support 3000mAh per hour or more
- vivid, clear display screen with large wattage numbers where you can easily see all your settings, including battery level
- big, bold body that’s bigger and heavier than its predecessor but for all the right reasons!
- leather grip panel for a comfortable hold of this big vaping baby
- tin box that it comes with which can be used as a storage box for the life of your Argus GT II Kit.
- The IP68 rating of water, dust and shock proof usually only applies to the mod.
- Make sure you prime new TPP Coils before use by placing a few drops in the centre to saturate the cotton and letting them sit for about five minutes to avoid dry hits or burning. See our ‘how to prime new coils or pods’ FAQ for more information.
- Battery safety is very important when vaping, especially with external battery devices like the VooPoo Argus GT II Kit. Check out our battery safety blog post for a gist on looking after your vape.
- Not recommended for beginner vapers.
Argus GT II Kit features & specs
- IP68 rating – water, dust and shock proof (mod only)
- Vape juice capacity: 6.5mL
- Coil compatibility: VooPoo TPP Coils
- Dimensions: 142.8 x 54 x 29mm
- Tank: 26 x 52mm
- Mod: 90 x 54 x 29mm
- Dual 18650 batteries (not included)
- Wattage output range: 5-200W
- Voltage output range: 0-12V
- Resistance range: 0.05-3 ohm
- Type C charging: up to 3A fast charge
- Battery: 2 x 18650 (sold separately)
- Tank – stainless steel and pyrex
- Mod – leather and zinc alloy
- Supports Ni200 Nickel, Titanium and Stainless Steel heating elements
- GENE.TT 2.0 Chip – four modes (Smart, RBA, Turbo and Temp Control)
- Intuitive display
- Safety protection with auto key lock
- 510 connection
- Safety protections: overtime, short-circuit, overcharge, output over-current, over discharge, over temperature, battery reverse, balanced charge
- VooPoo Argus GT II Mod
- VooPoo MAAT Tank 6.5mL
- 2 x VooPoo TPP Coils
- DM2 0.2 ohm (40-60W)
- DM3 0.15 ohm (80-100W)
- Spare glass 6.5mL
- Silicon rubber pack
- Type-C USB charging Cable
- User manual
This product does NOT contain nicotine
Cool looking well designed. Awsome gene chip. And the tank great flavour and smoke production. Comes with a convenient tin case.