Updated 2 July 2020.
Yes, you can vape. Vaping, in general, is not being banned.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) states that electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) without nicotine will still be legal to purchase (or import) and use in Australia (depending on your state's vape laws). This part of the Australian vape law has not changed as it has always been illegal to import/purchase and use nicotine in a vape without a prescription from a doctor.
The 2020 government proposal, now delayed to 1 January 2021, is to ban the importation of nicotine, in any form, including e-cigarettes pre-filled with liquid nicotine (without a permit). You will need a doctor to help you acquire it legally and this process is on the TGA website. It's not a simple process, but it's there.
This could all change in the coming months but this is the information we have so far from the Australian Government.
Thank you to everyone who signed the vaping petition and assisted a group of Australian Members of Parliament (MPs) contest and postpone the original proposal to ban nicotine imports from 1 July 2020. At least a couple of these MPs are in favour of regulating nicotine in Australia as opposed to banning it, so we will see what happens over the next six months.
Dirty tanks with build up of old/burnt e-liquid can make you go through coils quicker.
Each vaper may do this differently but here's how we clean our tanks:
1. Empty the e-liquid from your tank and dispose of it.
2. Unscrew all components of the tank to pull it apart. Keep in mind some tanks have reverse thread (unscrews clockwise, like the Vaporesso Cascade Tank) and others need a special tool to unscrew them (like the Vaporesso VM Tanks). See your tank packaging for instructions.
3. Remove the coil and dispose of it. A clean tank requires a brand new coil which you can prime now in preparation (see our 'How to prime new coils' FAQ).
4. Remove all the o-rings from the tank connections (small rubber rings). Each tank varies in number and placement of o-rings but the important thing is that you remember where they go so you can put it back together again. Maybe take a video or photos as you dismantle it.
5. Fill a small bowl with 1/3 while vinegar and 2/3 hot water.
6. Put all the tank components (without the o-rings as the vinegar can damage them) in the bowl. Let it sit until the water cools.
7. Take all tank parts out. Dry them off, replace the o-rings and put the tank back together.
8. Place new, primed coil in, fill with e-liquid and enjoy.
We hope your clean tank is vaperific! Please contact us if you have any questions.
It’s important to keep in mind that what may work for a friend may not work for you.
Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) come in different sizes, power, styles with options to suit beginner, intermediate and advanced vapers, which is usually determined by how long someone has been vaping for.
Knowing what device to start with means getting to know your specific needs and we can help you with that! Simply contact us and we can give you a personalised recommendation.
Priming essentially means to saturate a coil or pod so that you don’t vape on dry cotton. Doing so is called a dry hit, which tastes terrible and may burn your coil instantly.
So here’s how you do it…
1. Drop three to eight drops (depending on the coil size) of e-liquid onto the wicking material inside the coil head (not too much as this can flood it).
2. Allow drops to be soaked in and use the cotton holes on the side of the coil to see when the cotton becomes saturated. When all feed ports are glistening it’s good to go.
3. Place it inside your tank securely and fill the tank with e-liquid.
4. You can let the tank sit for a few minutes or set your device to the coil’s minimum heat setting (for example, if the coil can handle 30-80W (written on the coil or coil packaging), set your device to 30W).
5. Hold the fire button while gently blowing down the mouth piece/drip tip (that’s right, not drawing on the tank, but gently blowing air down the tank). Once you can see that that tank is producing adequate vape with no gurgling sounds, priming is complete.
1. Fill the pod with e-liquid
2. Block the airflow with your finger/s (location of airflow is shown in your pod kit’s user manual).
3. Gently and with long draws suck on the mouth section of the pod about five to 10 times while blocking the airflow. You are basically drawing e-liquid to the internal coil of the pod and soaking the cotton.
5. Let it sit for a few minutes.
When using an adjustable wattage device with a brand new coil or pod, we recommend that you prime them first (see our ‘How to prime new coils or pods’ FAQ), then start at the lower end of the coil/pod wattage range.
The wattage range is either on the coil/pod itself or on its packaging. So if it’s a 25 – 35W coil, start at 25W and then increase the wattage by 10% when you feel the need to go higher for either more throat hit or vapour.
This will avoid burning your coil.
The short answer is NO! Compared to the highly-taxed tobacco products in Australia, vaping is generally 10% of the cost of smoking traditional tobacco cigarettes.
This is because when vaping, you buy one device/kit which lasts you quite a while and then only buy replaceable components such as e-liquid or coils.
Typically most vapers will have at least two devices at their disposal as, in our experience, you can never rely on just one form of electronics. Even then, it’s cheaper than smoking traditional cigarettes.
Simply put, no. Why pick up a habit when you don’t have one?
We don’t recommend vaping for anyone other than people wanting to quit smoking cigarettes.
Please note however that we are not saying e-cigarettes are a proven smoking cessation device, guarantee you will quit smoking nor that they are a completely safe alternative.
Under current Australian law it is illegal to distribute liquid nicotine. We do not sell products containing nicotine.
See our operating hours on our Contact us page.
We have a team of dedicated ‘vape workers’ on full time, Monday to Friday during business hours who reply to your enquiries, and pack and ship orders. After hours and on weekends you may experience some delays in responding to emails.
Rest assured, we provide great customer service and are always happy to have vape conversations.
Your coil life will vary.
A lot of factors come into play regarding coil life but you should change your coil when you are no longer getting that crisp, awesome flavour, or the vape is harsh or tastes burnt.
The following factors can affect the life of your coil:
- E-liquid: Some flavour compounds can impact coil life, not any specific flavours but generally, the sweeter the e-liquid, the higher potential for build-up, which can damage your coil.
- Power settings: Powering too high or too low can shorten the coil life. It’s best to find the wattage that best suits the coil, device and your inhale. The specifications of coil and device power settings are a guide only. For example, you may find your combination of products (e-liquid, tank, coil and mod) works better at a lower setting than specified.
- Manufacturing: As most things these days are mass produced, this can lead to inconsistencies with pre-built coils. You may have done nothing wrong but still experience less coil lifespan.
- Improper priming: Priming your coil is very important to avoid burning. Follow our ‘How to prime new coils or pods’ FAQ steps prior to using your new coil.
If a coupon code is not working on all or some of the products in your cart, it could be that the:
- coupon name is incorrect
- coupon has expired
- items in your cart are already on special or discounted, which are not usually included in our promotions.
Tanks rely on a vacuum to keep your e-liquid from flooding the coil. A breach in a seal can allow the slightest bit of air to enter and lose the vacuum built up. Infrequent use can also lose the vacuum built up and slowly allow leakage.
The following situations can result in air breach and cause your tank to leak:
- The coil or pod has reached the end of its usable life and simply needs replacing.
Solution: Replace the coil.
- The tank has been screwed together incorrectly which can damage o-rings allowing for an air breach.
Solution: Check all tank connections and o-rings. Replace any damaged o-rings from the spare parts you received with your device.
- The PG/VG ratio of an e-liquid may not suit your tank or coil. Most sub-ohm tanks prefer high VG levels (60%+) and will be more prone to leaking if the levels are lower.
Solution: Check the specifications of the device and the e-liquid ratios to ensure they are compatible.
- The power setting is too high or low for the specific coil.
Solution: Check the wattage required for the coil. You can find this engraved on the coil or on the coil box packaging. Adjust your device to suit the heat settings required.
- The coil may be loose. It may have been installed too loose or became loose due to heat expansion.
Solution: Check that the coil is screwed in securely.
- The coils may be unsuitable for the device. If the device is too powerful or not powerful enough, it can create an improper airflow through the coil, causing liquid build up.
Solution: Check the device specifications and ensure your coil matches its requirements. If not, replace it with a coil that is suitable.
- Insufficient airflow for a specific coil.
Solution: Coils that are higher wattage require more airflow. The amount of draw brought through the tank needs to suit the higher wattage requirements otherwise the coil will flood and leakage will occur.
- The coil/tank is not suited to your style of vaping. If you take smaller draws and mostly mouth-to-lung (MTL) instead of direct-to-lung (where you draw while inhaling) you will have trouble with leaking when using tanks like a Vaporesso SKRR-S, as they require constant high power and airflow to maintain a vacuum.
Solution: Monitor your style of vaping and change the device or tank you are using to suit.
If you need any help with any of these issues or still have problems with your tank leaking after checking all of the above, please contact us and we’ll do our best to help you.